Friday, February 06, 2015

New Ride

 I'm excited the announce that I will be riding a Salsa as my race bike from this time forward.  My Siren bike have done great for me and I appreciate what Brendan did for me, with the sponsorship on the grassroots World Bicycle Relief Team.   First the original Siren 55, ( 69er geared).  I love that bike and I'm a bit sad as I strip the parts to transfer to this new one.   That bike carried me up and over a lot of mountains and I am thankful for the opportunity to ride it and spread the word about the brand. 

Then I got on the Siren John Henry, steel framed 29er and my eyes were opened.  I rode it geared for a while, using it as my go to bikepacking bike.   Last year, I decided to set it up single speed and ended up racing it that way,   I fell in love with single speed again.  

Now the issue was that I didn't have a specified bikepacking bike, so last fall I began the search. 

Fast forward to Feb, 2015,  and with the help of Salsa Bikes, Liberty Bikes (thanks Kevin Hessler and the others at the shop who had a hand in the mix), and Cane Creek Cylcing Components,  my race bike will be the Salsa El Mariachi Ti. 
 It looks dirty already even though I have not ridden it yet, because I'm using shifting parts from bike to bike.  The Siren JH will be my bikepacking bike for the time being, complete with gears and Revelate Bike Bags! 

I can't wait to get out on the trails and rip with this thing.  Also looking forward to upgrading the fork to something newer.  I have to sell a brand new Rock Shock Reba 27.5,  first.  I'll take $350 for it: 100mm travel, tapered steerer tube, 15mm thru axle,  remote lockout.    Excellent deal! 

No comments: