Friday, June 26, 2015

Riding Again

It feels so good to have my free time back and be able to get out on the bike again.  I got a little fat and slow over the past couple of months but I had some great experiences building the playground.  From driving the backhoe to building new friendships, I don't regret the challenge.  But,  I'm not sure I'll ever do something like that again. 

We rolled out from Liberty Bikes last night with a group of about 20 guys and 1 girl.   With the heat, I wasn't sure how long I was going to be able to stay with the group so I rode smart and sucked wheels. 

I dangled near the back and got dropped but not too bad.  I was able to keep the group in sight and they were good about waiting up tonight.   The result was that I stayed with the group the whole night.  I decided to go up and over Merrill's Cove too.  That was grind,  but a little cooler in the woods. 

ORAMM is coming up and I'm not sure if I'm in or not.  I don't have the fitness right now to just ride it and enjoy it, much less go for a sub 6 hr.   I'm just going to try to ride consistently over the next couple of weeks and see what happens.  I'll have plenty of recovery rides with the summer program though! 

No comments: